Thursday, August 27, 2009

Memories..... Sweet old memories.... Frozen Memories....










Well, my Mom was just searching for something a couple of days ago, and that's when my sister noticed all those old photo albums. We both sat together to just browse through those old, almost worn-out and woebegone albums- they're pretty old you know, photographs taken right from the day I was 6 months old..... So we started browsing through them- well, we SAID we'll just BROWSE, but once we opened those albums one by one, we DAWDLED on EACH and every picture....

There I was, sticking out my hands and legs at obtuse angles (a bit embarrassing when I think about it now :P), eating clumsily with my own hands when I was about a year old, being fed and cradled by mom (wish that could happen again...), piggy-backing on my dad, giving I-have-got-ATTITUDE kind of look for an I-don't- remember reason (mom loves to point out that I have had ‘Attitude’ right from childhood, so that was kind of proof for what she said, see?... :P),  lots of dance positions (they look really funny now), donning my brand new and crisp school uniform with teensy-weensy double braids tied-up with ribbons, looking as pretty as a doll (I WAS and AM pretty, so better not roll your eyes, OK?) , holding fruits and flowers, etc, etc, etc.............

Then, there’s my sister sitting on my mom’s lap and me looking at her with envy when I was about 6 years old, my sister playing with the phone, my sister crying when I try to hold her straight for the photo-shoot, an outburst of love between sisters.. and lots of other pics- funny, silly, angry, sorry.....


There's my cousin-- sweet little undressed cousin except for socks, just about 4 or 5 months old when I was 10 years old.. so do you think I can call him up now and tell him (BLACKMAIL more like) that I have a very good photo of his and I am gonna post it online and ask him for money...some quick bucks.. will it work?? well, should try >;P

Then my good old school pics.. right from first standard to my graduation days... With teachers and friends and ethnic day pics (from PG days, photos became digital and computerized :P ).....
Then photos of my stage performances in elocution, debates, dances, singing and loads of other stuff.... my sister’s stage performances too... receiving awards and rewards... well, every picture bringing back old memories, fond memories and some bad memories.. of what my life was like, of what I was like... well, I would be blogging about my life and changes that happened pretty soon...

All those bittersweet memories... making me wish... wish I could go back.. Wish I could re-live that life, re-discovering little joys like getting a new pencil, getting a new book... Ah! I wish I could, I wish I could.... go back and enjoy that life again, of being cuddled, pampered, of being carried around and fed and led... wish I could go back to school, write homework (I SWEAR I’ll complete my Homework :P), cry over a lost pencil case and a broken toy.. laugh at a funny sound, laugh at a silly and stupid joke which grown-ups would never even consider to be heard, let alone laugh.. (Well, I still laugh about silly jokes and crack PJ’s, so you would actually not consider me to be a grown-up, but well there you are...)

Whatever, but I wish I could re-live that life.... Hmm well, that’s about it.. that’s about it for now at least.. I think I would post a pic of mine you know, a cute little pic when I was little... yes I’ll post it.. may be tomorrow or day after... 

No comments:

Post a Comment